Search form

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:06 am 
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

Hello PSG members,

I am an existing EP holder which have already tendered resignation and currently serving my one (1) month notice of resignation. I also have my new EP approved with the new company I will be moving in to.

My last day of employment with current company is on May 10, 2013 and I'm planning to take a short vacay to Philippines May 11 - 19. My start date with the new company May 20.

My initial plan is to exit SG with SVP and depart PH as tourist? I'm just unsure whether I'll encounter any problems with this, I worry that I might get offloaded when they check my passport, that I'm previously employed here in SG. What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:32 am 
PSG Work Permit
PSG Work Permit

missalpha wrote:
Hello PSG members,

I am an existing EP holder which have already tendered resignation and currently serving my one (1) month notice of resignation. I also have my new EP approved with the new company I will be moving in to.

My last day of employment with current company is on May 10, 2013 and I'm planning to take a short vacay to Philippines May 11 - 19. My start date with the new company May 20.

My initial plan is to exit SG with SVP and depart PH as tourist? I'm just unsure whether I'll encounter any problems with this, I worry that I might get offloaded when they check my passport, that I'm previously employed here in SG. What do you guys think?

If the EP is already approved for the new company, then you already have an IPA in which you may already use to register yourself in POEA as an OFW for the new company. Get a copy of the signed contract with the new company and the copy of the IPA, update POEA of the new contract and you will need to pay the OWWA fee, PhilHealth for the current year, Pag-Ibig Contribution, and OEC. Thus you dont really need to depart PH as a tourist, rather you are already considered as an OFW since you have an OEC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:46 am 
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

minsan wrote:
missalpha wrote:
Hello PSG members,

If the EP is already approved for the new company, then you already have an IPA in which you may already use to register yourself in POEA as an OFW for the new company. Get a copy of the signed contract with the new company and the copy of the IPA, update POEA of the new contract and you will need to pay the OWWA fee, PhilHealth for the current year, Pag-Ibig Contribution, and OEC. Thus you dont really need to depart PH as a tourist, rather you are already considered as an OFW since you have an OEC.

Would it be possible for the TS to instead register with the OWWA at the Phil. Embassy in SG? Para pag-uwi niya ng Pinas ay hindi na nya kailangan asikasuhin ito, at para na rin uninterrupted ang bakasyon niya?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 am 
PSG Work Permit
PSG Work Permit

romanticsoldier wrote:
minsan wrote:
missalpha wrote:
Hello PSG members,

Would it be possible for the TS to instead register with the OWWA at the Phil. Embassy in SG? Para pag-uwi niya ng Pinas ay hindi na nya kailangan asikasuhin ito, at para na rin uninterrupted ang bakasyon niya?

try setting up an appointment >>> http://bmappointment.poea.gov.ph/singap ... /index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 am 
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

Hello PSG Members,

Yes tama po si Minsan, I was instructed by the Philippine Embassy here in SG to do the same, which I also confirmed with the Bureau of Immigration back in Philippines. To do so, I was asked to produce the following documents:

1. Notarised employment contract
2. Business profile from Bizfile (which I can download a copy for S$5.50 at https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet)
3. Copy of IPA
4. Travel document
5. Just in case: OEC and all other receipts

And to avoid processing this while on vacay in Philippines, you can process this here in Singapore. Bring all the documents and proceed to Window 1 (this can change).

Thanks to all those who responded and hope this thread could help others as well.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 am 
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

hi missalpha,

just want to ask if one day lng ung processing s embassy? lije ung pg notatized ng contract, one day lng ba and can i go to the embassy without appointment. i tried to book an appointment pero the earlist date is may 22 na. i plan to go back to manila on the 17th. i have the same case as yours. i'm transferring to a new company and would like to take a short vacation in manila. thank you.