PinoySG.com - The Filipino Portal in Singapore

Google Search

F.A.Q for those who are planning to look for JOB here in SG.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 262, 263, 264  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.pinoysg.com Forum Index -> Finding a Job in Singapore / Employment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JESORY
PSG Citizen
PSG Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: question po master dragonfly.. Reply with quote

ichati wrote:
Im planning to go to SG sa january and gusto ko ng mag apply ng EPEC para lam ko kung papasa ako.. if narecieve ko na po ba ung certificate pwedeng later on ko nlng iactivate? when is the best time po praa pmunta ng sg ung mraming hiring? thanks po ng marami.. very usefull ung mga info nio.. thanks!

Once your EPEC is approve you are given 2 years to activate it.

Cheers!
brenth12
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very helpful,,lalo na sa katulad ko po na nagplan mkpagsapalaran sa singapore. Godbless you po!
HappySam
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: ALL FAQ's are very very HELPFUUUULLLL! SALAMAT! Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
FAQ 3 POST - JOB APPLICATION (what to do next after your successful interview)

Note: for discussion sake, the words " Work Pass card" refer to either S Pass or E-Pass or even Q1 pass.

Question Ano po ba ang mangyayari once yung employer tells you that you are hired? Sila ba ang mag po process ng work pass ko?

Yes, yung company po ang magpo process ng inyong Work Pass application sa MOM.

However, your company would ask you to submit to them photocopies of your employment certs, transcript, diploma, etc. just bring the originals in the case they would need to counter verify.

Big companies would have online application sa MOM, others, they do manual submission (via post mail) sa MOM.

Still other smaller companies, especially those who have not hired a foreigner before do not know what to do or how to apply for a Working pass.

Ganito naging experience ko dati sa una kong job dito sa SG.
Kaya ako na nagprisinta mag fill up ng forms at personally mag submit sa MOM.

You can ask your employer when or if they already have filed it sa MOM.

After filing, it normally takes 3 weeks for it to be approved. Note that it may shorter or maybe longer than that.

Question Pwede po ba akong umuwe muna sa Pinas while waiting for the approval of my Work Pass?

For some, dito na lang sila naghihintay sa SG, happily touring the island before sumabak sa work. Fo others, dahil medyo magastos mag stay sa Singapore habang ala pang work, umuuwe muna sa pinas.

Pwede po kayong umuwe muna sa pinas. but be sure to inform your employer about your plan so they would know how to contact you (via email or phone).

The only drawback of this is that pag bumalik ka dito sa SG, you still have to get two-way ticket. Pose as again, a tourist.

Question Im confused, bakit kailangan ko pa ng two way ticket eh may work offer na ako sa Singapore ?

You are an undocumented OFW. Your Passport does not have that stamp that says "Multiple entry clearance to Singapore" and you are not yet an OWWA member.

The only way Philippine Immigration will let you pass beyond their gate with a one-way ticket is IF you are an OWWA member and has the proof that you are working abroad (ie. your Work pass ID).

Question What if show to these Phil Immigration my IPA (In Principle letter of approval? Will they let me pass if I have one-way ticket?

Again, as previously mentioned, wag na wag nyo po itong gagawin kung ayaw mong maiwanan ng flight mo. hehe.

The Immig officer will ask you for your OWWA membership, OEC, and who knows other documents which you don't have. YOu will have to apply for this sa pinas and it will take days for you to finish this.

Question Ano po itong OWWA? How do I apply for it?
After getting you Working pass, syempre papasok ka muna sa opis.. asikasuhin mo na lang yung OWWA pag may free time ka or mag dedicate ka ng isang free Sunday morning.

bring you passport and $60 dollar fee (not sure of the exact fee pero more or less $60 dollars yata citation needed and go to Philippine Embassy sa Naasim Road. This is near Orchard road.

UPDATE
Recent trip of a PinoySG to Embassy who applied for OWWA tells us that you should also bring your Contract with your employer as one of the requirement.

map location is located here:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_14942/travel_site_26298/

Dati po ang applicaiton ng OWWA ay pwede sa I-remit... pero ngayon ay new application ng OWWA ay sa Embassy na.

makikita mo doon sa counter kung saan ang window sa pag apply ng OWWA. You will just fill up the form and 10 minutes later, you are officially an OFW, one of those bayani contributing to the welfare of pinas.

Ano po itong OEC? Kailangan bang kumuha din ako kasabay ng OWWA?

OEC is for Overseas Employment Certificate. Think of it as movie pass.
If you are an OWWA member, libre po kayo sa terminal fee at tourist fee sa Airport sa pinas pag bumalik kayo dito sa Singapore.

For the OEC, you do not need to get one yet. Kukuha ka lang nito kung balak mong umuwe sa pinas or kung malapit ka ng umuwe sa pinas (since hahanapan ka ng airplane ticket..para libre ka sa airport tax (terminal fee at tourist tax).

May dalawang klase ang OEC,
1) one time OEC (kulay puti)
2)Multiple OEC.(kulay light green)

Yung one time, may specified date lang na pwede mong gamitin (yung date ng uwe mo sa pinas) .

Yung Multiple OEC, valid ito for the next 6months. so if you intend to go home within the span of 6 months, this is the one you'll get.

Question Bibili sana ako ng yosi sa 7-11, tinatanong ako na ipakita ko daw ang IC ko. Ano po itong IC?

For one, napagkamalan kang mukhang below 18 years old pa.. hehe. dapat ay matuwa ka.

IC stands for Identity Card. Singaporeans and PR has this. Ang equivalent po sa atin yung Work Pass (S/E pass) or if you don't have it, you can show your Passport or any card which shows your birth of date.

From time to time however, if you are transacting with government agency or business establishment, you will be asked to show your IC.
This is your Work Pass.Be sure to carry it with you.

Question How do I get my salary? How do i Apply for a bank account ?Which bank do you recommend?

Do this only if you already have with you your Work Pass card.
You can go to any bank branch and bring the following:

1) Work Pass card
2) Your Passport
3) cash for the minimum deposit. (varies, see notes below)

If you had been around Singapore, you would commonly see DBS and POSB atm machines. There are other banks, UOB, Maybank, etc.

Ang DBS at POSB ay the same lang (or pareho ang may ari). and minimum required deposit as well as maitaning balance is $500.

For others medyo masakit sa bulsa, $1000 dollars.

Question Paano po pag ala pa akong pera para sa minimum required deposit?

I know, medyo masakit sa bulsa, lalo pa at magsisimula pa lang po tayong mag work. Mayroon pang mga ibang bagay na dapat bayaran muna (rent sa bahay, pagkain, transpo, etc)

I suggest to talk to your employer and ask if they can probably issue you a cheque named after you on your first payday. (Cross cheque of course).

Then you can use this as your initial deposit.

Question Now that I have my Work Pass card, what else can I apply?

You are probably eyeing on that mobile phone you want.
Fortunately, you can get that mobile phone off from a telecom shop (Singtel, M1 or Starhub) by applying for a mobile plan for as low as $20++ per month. you can pay for this for either 12 or 24 months.

** Terms and conditions apply, please do check with them.

Or maybe you need a broadband connection kung wala ka pa sa bahay ninyo. Check websites or shops of Starhub / Singtel / Singnet. They have promos like free laptop or desktops.This is a contract of 12/24 months as well

Before applying for any of the above, please first do project your expenses kung kaya po ninyong bayaran yung monthly expenses.

The mobile phone you are getting is with line. if you are going to use this for calls overseas, baka po mamulubi tayo . ehehe.

Question How about credit card? Can i apply for this as well?

Unless you fall among any of this three conditions, you can apply for a credit card. otherwise, forget it, and just wisely manage your monthly salary.

1) You are a PR or Singaporean
2) You have an annual salary of $60,000

thanks a lot for all info!!!! Smile helpful!!! God bless!
HappySam
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: ALL FAQ's are very very HELPFUUUULLLL! SALAMAT! Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
FAQ 3 POST - JOB APPLICATION (what to do next after your successful interview)

Note: for discussion sake, the words " Work Pass card" refer to either S Pass or E-Pass or even Q1 pass.

Question Ano po ba ang mangyayari once yung employer tells you that you are hired? Sila ba ang mag po process ng work pass ko?

Yes, yung company po ang magpo process ng inyong Work Pass application sa MOM.

However, your company would ask you to submit to them photocopies of your employment certs, transcript, diploma, etc. just bring the originals in the case they would need to counter verify.

Big companies would have online application sa MOM, others, they do manual submission (via post mail) sa MOM.

Still other smaller companies, especially those who have not hired a foreigner before do not know what to do or how to apply for a Working pass.

Ganito naging experience ko dati sa una kong job dito sa SG.
Kaya ako na nagprisinta mag fill up ng forms at personally mag submit sa MOM.

You can ask your employer when or if they already have filed it sa MOM.

After filing, it normally takes 3 weeks for it to be approved. Note that it may shorter or maybe longer than that.

Question Pwede po ba akong umuwe muna sa Pinas while waiting for the approval of my Work Pass?

For some, dito na lang sila naghihintay sa SG, happily touring the island before sumabak sa work. Fo others, dahil medyo magastos mag stay sa Singapore habang ala pang work, umuuwe muna sa pinas.

Pwede po kayong umuwe muna sa pinas. but be sure to inform your employer about your plan so they would know how to contact you (via email or phone).

The only drawback of this is that pag bumalik ka dito sa SG, you still have to get two-way ticket. Pose as again, a tourist.

Question Im confused, bakit kailangan ko pa ng two way ticket eh may work offer na ako sa Singapore ?

You are an undocumented OFW. Your Passport does not have that stamp that says "Multiple entry clearance to Singapore" and you are not yet an OWWA member.

The only way Philippine Immigration will let you pass beyond their gate with a one-way ticket is IF you are an OWWA member and has the proof that you are working abroad (ie. your Work pass ID).

Question What if show to these Phil Immigration my IPA (In Principle letter of approval? Will they let me pass if I have one-way ticket?

Again, as previously mentioned, wag na wag nyo po itong gagawin kung ayaw mong maiwanan ng flight mo. hehe.

The Immig officer will ask you for your OWWA membership, OEC, and who knows other documents which you don't have. YOu will have to apply for this sa pinas and it will take days for you to finish this.

Question Ano po itong OWWA? How do I apply for it?
After getting you Working pass, syempre papasok ka muna sa opis.. asikasuhin mo na lang yung OWWA pag may free time ka or mag dedicate ka ng isang free Sunday morning.

bring you passport and $60 dollar fee (not sure of the exact fee pero more or less $60 dollars yata citation needed and go to Philippine Embassy sa Naasim Road. This is near Orchard road.

UPDATE
Recent trip of a PinoySG to Embassy who applied for OWWA tells us that you should also bring your Contract with your employer as one of the requirement.

map location is located here:
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_14942/travel_site_26298/

Dati po ang applicaiton ng OWWA ay pwede sa I-remit... pero ngayon ay new application ng OWWA ay sa Embassy na.

makikita mo doon sa counter kung saan ang window sa pag apply ng OWWA. You will just fill up the form and 10 minutes later, you are officially an OFW, one of those bayani contributing to the welfare of pinas.

Ano po itong OEC? Kailangan bang kumuha din ako kasabay ng OWWA?

OEC is for Overseas Employment Certificate. Think of it as movie pass.
If you are an OWWA member, libre po kayo sa terminal fee at tourist fee sa Airport sa pinas pag bumalik kayo dito sa Singapore.

For the OEC, you do not need to get one yet. Kukuha ka lang nito kung balak mong umuwe sa pinas or kung malapit ka ng umuwe sa pinas (since hahanapan ka ng airplane ticket..para libre ka sa airport tax (terminal fee at tourist tax).

May dalawang klase ang OEC,
1) one time OEC (kulay puti)
2)Multiple OEC.(kulay light green)

Yung one time, may specified date lang na pwede mong gamitin (yung date ng uwe mo sa pinas) .

Yung Multiple OEC, valid ito for the next 6months. so if you intend to go home within the span of 6 months, this is the one you'll get.

Question Bibili sana ako ng yosi sa 7-11, tinatanong ako na ipakita ko daw ang IC ko. Ano po itong IC?

For one, napagkamalan kang mukhang below 18 years old pa.. hehe. dapat ay matuwa ka.

IC stands for Identity Card. Singaporeans and PR has this. Ang equivalent po sa atin yung Work Pass (S/E pass) or if you don't have it, you can show your Passport or any card which shows your birth of date.

From time to time however, if you are transacting with government agency or business establishment, you will be asked to show your IC.
This is your Work Pass.Be sure to carry it with you.

Question How do I get my salary? How do i Apply for a bank account ?Which bank do you recommend?

Do this only if you already have with you your Work Pass card.
You can go to any bank branch and bring the following:

1) Work Pass card
2) Your Passport
3) cash for the minimum deposit. (varies, see notes below)

If you had been around Singapore, you would commonly see DBS and POSB atm machines. There are other banks, UOB, Maybank, etc.

Ang DBS at POSB ay the same lang (or pareho ang may ari). and minimum required deposit as well as maitaning balance is $500.

For others medyo masakit sa bulsa, $1000 dollars.

Question Paano po pag ala pa akong pera para sa minimum required deposit?

I know, medyo masakit sa bulsa, lalo pa at magsisimula pa lang po tayong mag work. Mayroon pang mga ibang bagay na dapat bayaran muna (rent sa bahay, pagkain, transpo, etc)

I suggest to talk to your employer and ask if they can probably issue you a cheque named after you on your first payday. (Cross cheque of course).

Then you can use this as your initial deposit.

Question Now that I have my Work Pass card, what else can I apply?

You are probably eyeing on that mobile phone you want.
Fortunately, you can get that mobile phone off from a telecom shop (Singtel, M1 or Starhub) by applying for a mobile plan for as low as $20++ per month. you can pay for this for either 12 or 24 months.

** Terms and conditions apply, please do check with them.

Or maybe you need a broadband connection kung wala ka pa sa bahay ninyo. Check websites or shops of Starhub / Singtel / Singnet. They have promos like free laptop or desktops.This is a contract of 12/24 months as well

Before applying for any of the above, please first do project your expenses kung kaya po ninyong bayaran yung monthly expenses.

The mobile phone you are getting is with line. if you are going to use this for calls overseas, baka po mamulubi tayo . ehehe.

Question How about credit card? Can i apply for this as well?

Unless you fall among any of this three conditions, you can apply for a credit card. otherwise, forget it, and just wisely manage your monthly salary.

1) You are a PR or Singaporean
2) You have an annual salary of $60,000

thanks a lot for all info!!!! Smile helpful!!! God bless!
naodin
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... very helpful po ito bro!
thanks a lot!

ahm, napansin ko lng po, June 2010 pa po ung last edit..
meron na po bang bagong policy now?
or bagong info po?

kung meron man po, paki-update po bro ha..
thanks po..

God bless po sa mga ofw naten jan sa abroad!!!
HappySam
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: EPEC procedure... Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
UPDATED as of June 6, 2010

In conjunction with this FAQ, PLEASE also read the other Thread "Read this before coming here looking for Job"

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?

Question Do I need a VISA?

Unlike for example, US or UK, there is no need to apply for a "VISA" habang nasa pinas pa (you do not need to go to an embassy to apply for a VISA) dahil Singapore is a member of ASEAN country.

Although you would need a “social visit VISA” na iga grant sa inyo sa Singapore Immigration (sa airport). Ito pong "Social visit visa" ay itatatak sa inyong passport once na kayo ay dumating dito sa Singapore.

Question How long can I stay in Singapore?

Immigration grants either 14-day or 30-day social visit “VISA” which depends on the following factors: Please don’t ask me why sometimes they grant 14-days on some people, and why some 30-days. Be aware na pwede din sila magtatak ng lesser days (3 days) kung talagang dudang duda sila or pwede kang pauwiin the following day. More details on the following FAQ questions on how to prolong your stay here in SG.

a)Your reason of stay (tourist, visiting a friend, medical, training)
b)If you have an invitation letter which complements why you are here.
c)“Show money” to spend here.

UPDATE
Do take note when booking for tickets, may mga months po na 31 days.
So ang July 12 to August 12 ay hindi 30 days.

Question Ano po ba itong "EPEC" ? Kailangan ko ba nito bago magpunta sa SG?

EPEC stands for Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate. This certificate when approved and you have it activated online allows you to stay up to 1-year to look for a job.

This is optional,but we do recommend to apply dahil ang application po ay libre lang naman.

Here is the link describing what is this EPEC and how to apply:https://epec.mom.gov.sg/epec/FAQ.jsp

It is highly recommended that you must apply for this EPEC habang kayo ay nasa pinas pa, PREFERABLY at least 2 months before you fly to Singapore.
The reason being is that it takes a long time for the processing at magiging keypoint itong EPEC if you want to have a hassle-free stay in Singapore.

Question Paano po ba mag apply ng "EPEC" ?

Ang pag aaply ay online lang using this website: https://epec.mom.gov.sg/epec/entry.jsp
You will be asked to provide your personal and educational details.
Take note that the website above is also a way for you to check the status of your application.
If it is approved, a certificate letter will be sent to your address via SNAIL MAIL.
Please take note, it is a SNAIL MAIL.

Question Approved na ang EPEC ko, nareceive ko na yung letter, ano po ba ito? at ano gagawin dito

Congratulations, you're entitled to have a 1-year stay when you activate this EPEC certificate via online.

Ang EPEC certificate po ay inaaply pa sa ICA website (via online) para i activate. In short, ito pong certificate na nakuha nyo ay wala pang silbi.

Ang EPEC certificate po ay walang bisa sa Immigration both sa pinas at sa Singapore Immigration. (dahil nga letter pa lang sya at hindi pa approved ng ICA. )

You are still expected to get a return ticket and Singapore immigration will still weigh whether you get 14-day or 30-day even if you show this EPEC letter.

I would recommend not to show this EPEC letter sa Pinas Immigration. Alam nyo naman ang mga buwaya sa atin.

Question Paano po ina ACTIVATE itong EPEC?

UPDATE
You can now activate your approved EPEC letter online sa Internet using this link below. no need to queue up sa ICA.

EPEC online application: https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/newAppPreLogin.do
- you would need to choose "Holders of Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate
- initial payment of $30SGD by using credit card.
- processing takes anywhere from 4 to 5 weeks. Please take note , 4-5 weeks.
- if approved, you would receive an EMAIL containing the "In-Principle Approval Letter".
- another payment is expected ($90SGD) for the issuance of your LTSVP card (Long term social Visit Pass).
- The email also contains instructions on the required documentations (medical certificate, educational details, etc) and a date for your appoinment to ICA to submit these documents.

You can also refer to this thread for more information on EPEC activation http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32182&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If you would notice, it takes 4-5 weeks ang processing ng activation. So if you do the math, it is recommended that you activate your EPEC at least 1 month before you fly to Singapore.. YOu will be issued with a date of appointment sa ICA office, although you can change this date with your own preferred date kung wala ka pa sa Singapore at dahil kailangan mo pa magpa medical bago ka magpunta sa ICA.

Question May EPEC letter ako or may EPEC green card na ako, ibig sabihin ba nito malaki ang chance na makakuha ako ng work sa Singapore?

This is one of the common misconception of EPEC holders.
Getting an EPEC does NOT mean you are guaranteed to get a job.

The only advantage of getting an EPEC is for you to be able to stay longer here in Singapore.

Remember na ang nag assess ng inyong EPEC ay ang Singapore Government, and not Singapore companies.

Most, if not all Singapore companies do NOT have any idea kung ano itong EPEC EPEC. Even if you show your EPEC letter or EPEC green card, wala po silang pakialam dito, it is only stated on the letter/ card that you are able to legally stay here in Singapore for 1 year.

In other words, your factors of being accepted on a job depends on your qualifications, the way you answer on the interview and extra luck.

Question Ano po yung “In-principle” letter?
Ito po ay isang letter na galling sa MOM (Ministry of Manpower) na nagsasabing approve na ang inyong application for an “employment Permit”.

Ang inyong employer po ang nag apply nito sa Ministry of Manpower pag sinabi nilang tanggap ka na sa interview.
Ang letter po na ito ay kailangan ninyong i-submit personally sa Ministry of Manpower dito sa Singapore.

Question Nasa Pinas pa ako, natanggap ko na itong “In-Principle” letter, ano ibig sabihin nito?

I would assume na kayo po ay nag apply sa agency dito sa pinas or nainterview through phone at inapply na kayo ng Singapore employer nyo sa MOM.

Katulad ng “EPEC” letter , ito pong “In-Principle” letter ay wala pa pong silbi both sa Immigration ng pinas at Singapore. Ang mga ibig sabihin nito ay:
1)You are still expected to get a return-ticket kahit may In-principle letter kang hawak. Dahil nga ina apply pa ito sa MOM at wala pang tatak ang iyong passport na “Multiple entry to Singapore”, you are still considered as a Tourist.

2)I strongly , strongly recommend not to show this “In-principle letter” sa pinas Immigration dahil paniguradong hindi matutuloy ang flight mo. Kapag nakita nila ito, pag applayin ka pa muna sa OWWA para magregister as OFW, which is quite a pain.

Dito na lang po kayo mag apply ng OWWA sa Singapore at mabilis pa, walang hassle at walang mga huhuthot sa inyo na lagay lagay.

Although if you have the time, you can visit POEA sa ortigas at doon mag apply ng OWWA. allow 2 days (actually one day lang) for doing this before your flight.

Question WHAT is Employment Pass? S-Pass? E-Pass? Working Permit Kailangan ko ba nito bago magpunta ng SG?

Ang Employment Pass ay ang makukuha ninyo kapag naisubmit nyo na personally ang ang In-Principle letter sa MOM together with your passport and a medical check-up result from a registered Singapore Medical Doctor.

Hindi po to kailangan kapag maghahanap pa lang ng work or pupunta pa lang kayo ng Singapore.

Ang S-Pass(also called Q2 pass) , E-Pass (also called "EP" or Q1 pass) ay mga type ng Employment permit na ini issue ng MOM depende sa inyong experience, sweldo at qualifications.

Question Gaano ba katagal makahanap ng trabaho sa Singapore?

This is the most commonly asked and the most hard to answer. For some, unang araw pa lang, nakakuha na sila ng job from an employer, for some, inaabot ng weeks, months, and even the on the day na pauwe na sila sa pinas, saka sila tinatawagan ng company to submit all the requirements.
There is no definite “how long”, pero its entirely dependent on several factors:
1) Kung gaano po kasipag ang isang tao maghanap ng job.
- Compare my housemate 1: gigising ng 1PM, kakain, mag –iinternet, check ng emails, maglalaro, makikipagchat sa GF, lilibot sa mall, uuwe ng 10PM, laro ulit. Then tulog ng 2AM.

-Housemate no. 2: apply dito, apply doon, check emails, bili ng dyaryo, sama sa mga friends na nag apply din ng work, research tungkol sa ganito, hindi gumagastos ng hindi kailangan..

2)Work Experience + Certificates
- The more, the better chance of landing for a job.

3)Field of expertise
IT (Information Technology ), Architecture are some of the most in-demand line of work

Although this does not mean na katapusan na ng pag apply. You can always find another job na hawig sa ginagawa mo sa pinas. My GF worked in a hotel before and found job in a wine bar, now she works in Marina Bay Sands Casino. My housemate used to work in Marketing electronic products and found a job in a call center.

4)Know how to sell yourself
-For some, this is easy, for others, medyo mahirap po. Please practice yourself speaking in English on how to sell yourself. Quit watching those telenovela series and start watching CNN or other English channels.

-Hindi ko po sinasabi na kailangan na perpekto ang English dahil hindi din perkpekto ang English at grammar ng mga Singaporean. But you must be able to express or tell a story in a straight conversation.
-Know your strengths and weakness and how to overcome them.

Question IM A FRESH GRADUATE from this REPUTABLE SCHOOL, MAY CHANCES BA AKONG Maka kuha ng job?

-Singapore is a mix of a lot of races (Chinese, Malay, Indian, Myanmar, Indonesian, British and Americans) aside from the Local Singaporeans.
-SG companies would take preference to those who are either local / Malay or those who have acceptable experience for the required work.
In short, kailangan po may EXPERIENCE na po dapat.
-May bilib po tayo sa pinoy, but please understand hindi lang pinoy ang race sa mundo na ganito ang pag iisip sa kapwa kalahi nila.

UPDATE
CHAPTER A: EPEC versus E-EXTEND versus EXit to Malaysia :
While initially, mayroon kang 14 or 30 days na social visit visa, paano na kung mauubos na ito?

This is the part na masalimuot i explain at depende sa sitwasyon ng bawat tao. At the end of the day, depende pa rin po sa tao kung ano ang magiging desisyon nya.
Let me just highlight the whole idea nung tatlo.

EPEC:
ADVANTAGES:
-Allows you to stay legally for a year in Singapore
-Worry free ka na for one year once na approved at activated na ang EPEC

DISADVANTAGES:
- ang Ideal na pag apply nito ay at least 2 months in advance. Or at least 1 month kung mayroon ka nang EPEC certificate.Otherwise, hindi magiging maganda ang timing and your EPEC might end up unusable.
- Since EPEC ay assesment ng inyong educational at work details, this is not 100% approved for all. May criteria din ang ICA sa mga approvals nito.

E-EXTEND (E-Service for Extension of Short Visit Pass:
ADVANTAGES:
-allows you to stay for another 30days in Singapore on top of the initial Social visit Visa that was granted when you first arrive here.
-easier to apply as compared to EPEC and mas less hassle as compared to exiting to Malaysia/Indonesia

DISADVANTAGES:
-this is not 100% sure to be approved if you apply for it. 50%-50% ang chance na ma approved ito. I do not know what is their criteria.
-Once na maubos ang 30days ng e-extend, You have to leave Singapore at must be out of Singapore for at least 5 days should you intend to go back. Dito maraming nagkakamali dahil hindi na binabasa mabuti ang terms and condition ng pag apply ng E-extend.

Mag exit sa Malaysia / Indonesia:
ADVANTAGES:
- You get to visit another country, which is good for your vacation.

DISADVANTAGES:
- Risky, dangerous, magastos
- again, this is not 100% sure na mabibigyan kayo ulet ng social visit visa pag bumalik ulit kayo ng Singapore.

Question So, Alin po ang maipapayo nyong gawin ko para mahaba haba ang stay ko sa Singapore?

A.) Apply and Use EPEC if you satisfy the following conditions
1) You are very keen for looking a job here and not just "gusto kong magbakasakali" or "kung susuwertihin"
2) You have at least 2 months before you fly to Singapore or at least 1 month if you already have your EPEC certificate.
3) You are willing to pay an estimate amount of $180 SGD ( $30 for activation + $90 for LTSVP card + $60 for medical exam).
- estimate lang po ang medical exam, kasi depende rin ito kung saan clinic kayo magpapamedical)
4)You do not have any contagious disease na maaring lumabas sa medical exam.
5)You have enough money or will be supported by someone, if you intend to stay longer here in Singapore.

In addition, kung EPEC ang inyong gagamitin, hindi na kayo mamurublema pa lalo na kapag malapit na maubos ang initial na social visit visa.
Marami sa mga job hunters ang may ganitong problema before the end of their 30days, at most of the time ay dito nauubos ang oras nila kawo worry imbes na mag spend ng time kung paano maghanap ng trabaho.

B.) Apply for e-extend if you fall on the following conditions:
1) kung hindi po tayo pinalad na ma approve ang application ng EPEC.
2) If you only intend or plan to stay at most 60days in Singapore.

B.) Exit to Malaysia/Indonesia if you fall on the following conditions
1) if EPEC or E-extend fails to be approved.
2) Malakas ang iyong loob at handa sa mga haharapin sa Malaysia/Indonesia.

Question How about kung mayroon akong kamag anak or kaibigan ako na PR (Permanent Resident) or Singaporean Citizen dito sa Singapore, pwede ba nila akong sponsoran para makapag stay ako ng matagal?

This used to work before.Unfortunately, ang pwede lang na mag apply syo ng Long term Pass ay ang immediate family na PR/Singaporean. In other words, kung mayroon kang asawa or anak or magulang na PR/Singaporean, then you can seek help to apply for Long Term Visit Pass.

you can refer to this website for the list of available Long Term Visit Pass
http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx?pageid=376&secid=171

Question Gusto ko pong mag-exit sa Malaysia, paano po ito?

Ang Malaysia po ay katabing country lang ng Singapore. Think of this, para kang sumakay ng BUS sa Cubao papuntang Bulacan or Alabang minus the trapik. Makakarating kayo ng Malaysia (Johor Bahru ) sa loob ng 30-45 minutes.

Please note of the following:
1) Ang style na "umexit sa Malaysia" ay marami nang gumagawa, hindi lang pinoy kundi pati mga ibang foreigner para makakuha ng additional extension (again, either 14 or 30 days) pag bumalik ka dito sa Singapore.

2) Ito po ay hindi guaranteed na makakakuha kayo ng additional extension, meaning may iba binibigyan ng 14/30-days or may iba naman ilang days lang at yung iba, pinapadiretso na sa Airport para pabalikin sa kanilang bansa.

3) Please be prepared to answer the Singapore Immigration officer. Hindi ko kabisado kung ano ang mga style dito. citation needed .

All i can recommend is magdamit po kayo ng disente at mukhang may pera / mukhang turista at make sure pina rebook nyo na yung return flight nyo sa pinas way ahead (anticipating the 30-day extension that will be granted) bago kayo umexit sa Malaysia para pagbalik ninyo dito sa Singapore, may pruweba kayo sa Immigration Officer na may intention kayong bumalik sa pinas dahil sa ticket na yun.

4)Malaki po ang Malaysia, pero ang unang lugar paglagpas nyo ng border ay yung JOhor Bahru.. Mag -iingat po kayo dito sa lugar na ito, hindi po ito katulad ng Singapore na safe maghahawak ng celfone habang nasa labas.. Think of this place as Tondo or Quaipo.

Question Nakaka two months na ako dito sa Singapore, wala pa rin akong mahanap na job, bakit ganun?

Asses the situation why you're not getting that job yet. Baka po kulang pa sa sipag maghanap, baka po nagkukulong lang kayo sa bahay o baka naman nauubos ang pera sa kapapasyal.

Di tulad sa pinas, dito po sa Singapore, ang bawat galaw ay may katumbas na gastos.

I know for a fact na darating sa inyo yung stage na mai- stressed or madi-depressed kayo habang tumatagal.. nauubos ang pera.

You have to find a way on how to keep up that spirit at kung paano aliwin ang sarili. It depends on some people.

If you know someone who is also looking for a job, maybe you can team up with them. my housemate actually founded their own yahoogroup with a funny name grupo_lapa_work.

Most of them were able to get jobs weeks later, and some went home. This is a fact of life. Its either you fight and win, or you fight but learned something.

This is my general rule to applicants here in SG:

1) When you're applying for a job, just use first the initial 30days given to you by the immigration. Try your very very very best to look for that job on that time frame

2) If within 30 days, walang nangyayari (as in walang nagrereply) , asses the situation, its either the applicant is not doing well sa pag apply or he is barking at the wrong tree (meaning his credentials is something that Singapore is not looking at the moment)

3) Or if within 30 days, may nangyayari, pero kulang lang talaga sa time, that means may pag asa pa, and you can just apply for another extension using i-extend. This "next 30 days" means you have to work harder.

4) If sa tingin mo ay lalampas ka na ng 60days, but you still need more time, then you can use the "exit to malaysia" technique.

5) If anywhere within those period, you were able to get an employer and they submitted your application sa MOM, then makakahinga ka na ng maluwag, dahil pwede ka nang pumunta sa MOM to get your extension.

In short, what im trying to say is, you may not actually need more 90 days (or even 60 days) on applying for a job.
Ang implication po nito ay:

1) Something is not right with your Resume, kaya hindi po napapansin.
2) Your CV is right, but the qualifications and experience is not enough
3) Something is not correct on how you perform in your Interviews.

4), the most important, Malaki laki na po ang magagastos ninyo kapag umabot kayo sa stage na ito. which i would suggest to think for a while and find out what's wrong.

In "effect", you may actually won't be needing your "EPEC" since by day 60 or day 90, malaki na ang nagagastos mo noon, staying longer na walang nangyayari would be foolish. Some are getting depressed on this stage.
and its probably wiser to go back home, recharge your battery and come back at least a week later.

Don't be foolish to jump here in Singapore without doing a research.. wag po kayong magpadala sa mga iba na sumusugod dito sa singapore na ganun ganun lang.. Sa ibang tao, may pera sila at ok lang kung makagastos ng malaki. Kumbaga , side trip lang ang maghanap ng work.

CHAPTER B: Singapore Resources

Bago po kayo sumabak pumunta dito, Please do your research. Ito po ay ibang bansa na. Although the temperature ay kamukha lang sa pinas, this is a different culture and place.

A.MRT/ LRT MAP
The ever- efficient transport system. Print this map at i-post sa pader. This would be your clue when you want to find an address, whether malapit sa MRT station. Please note the Circle Line will be operational on year 2010.

LINK HERE:[url]_trains/routemap/routemap.pdf[/url]

B.Street Map of Singapore
LINK HERE: http://www.streetdirectory.com

Ang Singapore po ay maliit lang ( 704 sq km) at pwede nyong malibot sa loob ng isang araw lang. If you ever were given an address and want to find out where it is, your first clue is the MRT station. 2nd clue to find is to use the streetdirectory website.

Yung website po na ito ay may driving at how- to go-there instructions either by taking bus or walking from the nearest MRT station.

C) BUS

UPDATE
WARNING: ang linya po ng trapik dito sa Singapore ay kabaligtaran sa pinas dahil nasa right-side ang manibela. Before po kayo tumawid sa kalye, please take a look first on your RIGHT SIDE. or better yet, masanay po tayo na tumingin pn both sides bago i apak ang paa sa kalye. may mga nadidisgrasya sa ganito..

Ang mga BUS po dito ay may numero at humihinto lang sa designated bus stop. Please wag po kayong papara sa tabi tabi. Ang ruta po ng mga bus na ito ay makikita sa BUS stop kung saan kayo mag aabang.

Mahirap para sa mga newcomer ang mag bus at paniguradong maliligaw kayo lalo na’t hindi pa masyadong kabisado ang lugar sa Singapore, but as time goes, you will get to learn kung anong bus number ang dumadaan sa Orchard road.

D) TAXI:

You can flag a taxi anywhere as long as nasa tamang lugar. Be aware na magastos ito especially kung malayo ang pupuntahan. Pero hindi nangongontrata ang mga driver at hindi nandadaya sa fare. Hindi rin sila nag eexpect nang tip at mayroon silang panukli ultimo 10 sentimos.

Flag down rate : $2.50 at every 210 meters ay $0.10 cents,, 25 secs waiting time ay additional $0.10
May ibang additional rates pa po (ex, CBD surcharge, Late night surcharge.

GOVERNMENT SITES:

MOM (MINISTRY OF MANPOWER)
Website link: http://www.mom.gov.sg
located near CLARK QUAY MRT station. (also near CHINATOWN mrt station)

Ito po ang website na very useful if you want more information on klase ng Employment passes, how to apply, pano icheck kung approve na ang inapply na pass, your rights as an employee, etc.

ICA (Immigration Checkpoints Authority)
website link:http://www.ica.gov.sg
located near LAVENDER MRT station

Isa pang useful na website kung saan kayo mag apply for an e-extend or mag apply at mag activate ng EPEC.

CHAPTER C: GETTING READY:

AIRLINES

Aside from Philippine Airlines and Singapore Airlines, eto po ang mga most common na sinasakyan na budget airlines to/from Singapore. Please don’t ask kung sino ang pinakamura, nag iiba iba po ang price nila almost everyday, but one thing to look out is for promos which could go as low as 3,000 pesos or better.

TigerAirways http://www.tigerairways.com
(* leaves at Clark, lands at Budget Terminal*)
Jetstarasia.com http://www.jetstarasia.com
(* Leaves at NAIA Terminal 1, lands at Changi Terminal 1)
Cebu Pacific http://www.cebupacific.com
(*leaves at NAIA Terminal 1, lands at Budget terminal)

Question Shall I bring dollars or Peso? Which is Better?
Singapore’s currency is Singaporean Dollar (SGD). I use 1SGD = 30pesos for easy conversion, but refer to the local paper or online conversion for the exact amount.

You can bring either US dollar, SGD dollar or Philippine Peso (and even other currency) but please take note of these tricky rules:

1)There is an existing law (anti-money laundering) that you cannot bring more than 10,000 units for any currency. Sa medaling salita, bawal po ang magdala ng hihigit sa 10,000 pesos per person.

UPDATE
Medyo marami yata ang nalilito dito, i'll give an example.
let's say ang dadalihin mong pera ay 30,000 pesos.
Since hindi ka pwedeng lumampas ng 10,000 pesos, you have a choice of :

A) Convert all 30,000 pesos to US dollars or straight to Singapore dollars.
B) Convert the first 20,000 pesos to either US dollars or Singapore dollars AND
leave the 10,000 pesos to carry with you.

I know it sounds stupid. Yung immigration officer po natin sa pinas ay nagrarandom check sa mga ganyan, lalo na kung makikita nila na mukhang first time mo na lalabas ng mahal nating bansa. Nung nagpunta yung brother-in-law ko sa SG, ipinalabas sa kanya ang wallet nya ang tinanong kung magkano laman.

In the end, pinapalitan nya to US dollars, then pagdating sa SG, ipinapalit sa Singapore Dollars.

Ironically, pagdating mo naman dito sa Singapore Immigration, may mga immigration officer din ang nagtatanong kung magkano dala mo pera. Their purpose is to check whether kaya mo i-support ang sarili mo bilang tourist to stay for the 14-day or 30-day social visit visa.

I’ll leave it up to you on what to do, but worst scenario is you will be asked to convert any peso exceeding the 10,000. ( ex, if you bring 30,000, then convert the 20,000 and leave the 10,000 as peso)

2)The Peso (Php) is still the best currency to bring when you go here and convert to SGD.. Mas mataas po ng kaunti ang palitan nya dito sa SG kumpara sa bibili ka ng USD or SGD sa pinas.

Yun po ay kung malaki-laki ang dala nyong pera, pero kung maliit lang naman, at hassle pa sa inyo ang magpapalit, then its ok.

If you actually do a comparison, you’ll get to lose anywhere from a 1 dollar (30 pesos) to 20 dollars (600 pesos).

3)Converting your Peso to US Dollar and the eventually converting to Singapore dollar when you reach here is discouraged. Remember that you lose something (even small amount) when you convert a currency twice.

Question How much do I need to bring when I want to go to SG?

-Medyo mahirap din po sagutin ito, at it majorly depends kung gaano kayo katagal mag sstay. Please remember the rule no 1 above. Alam din po natin na medyo mahirap magproduce ng pera and some are not that fortunate.

To be safe, I do recommend to bring AT LEAST 30,000 if you intend to stay for 30-day. Yung pong 30,000 is a conservative value, meaning kung kaya naman po na mas mataas, the better. This will eventually save you losing money kung may magpapadala pa ng pera sa inyo through banks.

UPDATE:
Recent posts tells us that P30,000 may seem not to be enough for a 30-day visit. Ang malaking napupuntahan nito ay yung housing accomodation. Most transient rooms charges $15SGD a day per person. This takes half of your 30,000 budget already.

Question Where do I exchange my money in Singapore?
The Changi Aiport has lots of ForEx stores if you need quick cash to eat and to buy a EZ-link card.
Please refer to my FAQ number 2 : I’M HERE IN SINGAPORE, SO WHAT NOW?

CHAPTER D: FINDING A WORK

There are different ways to find a work: Through Internet, Newspaper, friends, walk-in, referral, Agency sa pinas etc.

For some, may nakakita ng work sa Internet, sa iba naman, through friends or newspaper. My recommendation is to seek through all of these opportunity channels.

Question JOB VACANCY OPEN only for PR/ Malay/ Singaporean, what is this?

There are job vacancy especially those posted by small companies that specifically states “PR/Malay/Singaporean” only. For other companies, note that there is a corresponding ratio between Singaporean and foreigner allowed by the government.

JOB SITES on the Internet
JOBSDB SG http://www.jobsdb.com/sg
JOBSTREET SG http://www.jobstreet.com.sg
MONSTER SGhttp://www.monster.com.sg
ST701 http://www.st701.com

NEWSPAPER:
Every Saturday, bumili po kayo ng Strait Times newspaper sa tabi tabi and look for the classified ads section.

FRIENDS:

This is self-explanatory if you know a friend or have a relative here in SG. From time to time, there are posted job vacancy here on Pinoysg by your fellow Pinoysg friends.

WALK-IN:
Ang magwa walk-in sa mga building or kumpanya ay discouraged since 1) magastos 2) you don’t have an appointment 3) wears off your fighting spirit kung mahina po ang panlaban nyo sa rejection. There are job vacancy posted on stores, even on their bulletin board, but most of these are open only for PR status (Permanent Resident) or for Singaporean Citizens only.

AGENCY SA PINAS:
May mga pasulpot sulpot na agency sa pinas na naghi hire ng pinoy para magwork dito sa SG. Please do check the following:
1)Make sure they are legitimate agency and the work they offer is true.

2)Expect they would be asking for agency fee, which is horrendously expensive, kung ang hinihingi nilang agency fee/processing fee ay pagkalula lula, wag nyo pa pong patulan. Yung inyong ibabayad na 100 or 150,000 pesos ay mas mabuti pang dito nyo na lang gastusin sa Singapore sa paghahanap ng work.

In other words, mas gugustuhin ko pang ako ang humawak ng pera at gumastos keysa ipagkatiwala ko sa ibang tao na hindi ko kilala at walang kasiguraduhan na magkakawork nga ako. :

UPDATE: AGENCIES WHO ASKS FOR FEES
Maybe i should rephrase the title as " Agencies who Extorts Horrendous Fees.
Beware of Local agencies that you see on newspaper, or even who posts on the PinoySG ads that they can offer you a job.
May mga scam na nangyayari ngayon sa mga agencies na ito and they can identified with such action as:

1) Nanghihingi ng application fee, processing fee, membership fee, [insert name of fee here]
- Honestly, sumasakit ang ulo ko dito sa mga agency na ito and sadly sa mga kababayan natin na nagpapaloko naman kahit na abot na ang warning ko sa kanila. Matino ba ang agency na hingan ka ng processing fee na umaabot ng $1000 to $1500 at ihahanap ka pa lang ng trabaho? Ang tanging sure lang dito ay yung perang ibabayad mo sa ipa pang sweldo nila sa mga empleyado ng agency na yun para makapang loko pa sila ng ibang tao.

Interview via chat messenger
This is one of the most ridiculous interview ive ever heard. Interview daw ng employer via yahoo messenger chat? (walang video ha, as in chat lang). Mind you, baka jejemon pa makipagchat yung taong nasa kabila. The worst part is, magbabayad daw muna sa agency yung job hunter bago ma interview sa yahoo chat ng prospective employer.

Asks to deposit a sum of money through Western Union. If you had not heard of Nigeria Scandal before, then this is the time where you need TO ASK first yourself and then a friend if what you are about to do is stupid or not.

For those who are seeking job through the help of an agency, Please , i humbly beg of you, kung maari po sana ay huwag nyo nang i-engage yung services ng isang agency.
I myself had been headhunted by local agencies here in Singapore, but they had never asked even a cent from me. In reality, dapat ang employer pa nga ang magbayad sa agency for headhunting.

Im not saying agencies are bad, but they are those who extorts ridiculous fees at manloloko lang. Ask a friend or anyone for their opinion before you pay anything.

Please refer to this link below for warning and tips on seeking help from agency.
http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14267

CHAPTER D: TRAVEL TIPS

Question Ano po ba ang dapat kong Dalhin?

These are the recommended items which you can place in a sealed brown envelope and tucked into your check-in baggage:
REQUIRED ITEMS:

a)Transcript of Records (authenticated)
b)]Diploma (authenticated)
c)Employer’s work certificates (from previous jobs)
d)Certifications ( ex. CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, if you are into IT)
e) Your MObile Phone.

OPTIONAL ITEMS: (optional, meaning kung mayroon naman, dalhin mo na rin, kung wala naman, oks lang)
a)A few copies of your resume/CV
b)NBI clearance (this is optional, although in some high-security company, they require to have this International clearance from your respective country.may ka office mate akong umuwe pa sa pinas para lang kumuha ng NBI clearance para matanggap sya sa work.
c)Birth Certificate (this is optional, but again, pag natanggap ka na sa work, and you decide to apply for PR, there is no time for you to visit NSO)
d)EPEC Letter (optional if you applied for it)
e) Your MObile Phone.

Question What is “Authenticated” TOR/ Diploma? Bakit kailangan pang Authenticated? Dapat ba ay DFA-authenticated?

-When you apply for your TOR/Diploma on your respective alma mater, please mention that it should be CHED authenticated. You would need to pay a corresponding fee for it. No need for DFA authentication though.

Kailangan pong ipa authenticate for obvious reason na nandyan ang Recto. You would also probably ask kung bakit may nade deny na Employment pass dahil nagsubmit ng pekeng dokumento.
Recently, may nameke naman ng return ticket (SG-MNL) dahil nga electronic ticket lang.

UPDATE May mga nakapagsabi na pupuwede ang "Certified True Copy" of TOR/Diploma. Although as much as possible, i would recommend "Authenticated", and not just "certified true copy" to avoid hassle.

Question HIndi ko ako Graduate, pwede po ba na magpagawa na lang ako ng fake na diploma/TOR ?
I must admit i have received many messages like these on my inbox. I am very sorry to tell that you must not do this for obvious reasons.
Ang pinas ay pinas, ang Singapore ay Singapore. Magkaiba po ang laws ng dalawa. Kung sa pinas ay may na hit and run sa kalye, malabo nang mahuli pa ang salarin. Pero dito sa Singapore, kung may na hit and run or may naholdap sa kalye, expect mo within a few days mahuhuli ang salarin.

Question Kailangan ko bang magdala ng laptop?

I would strongly recommend to bring one, if you would need to buy, no, steal, then do so. Singapore has got a lot of free wireless signal all around the island. Even your next door neighbor would probably have an unsecured wireless signal.

Kung wala pong madadalang laptop, then next option is to check if you can borrow from a friend either in pinas or here in SG kung meron sila.

Last option is find an Internet shop (which is very very rare) dito sa Singapore dahil nga most households ay meron nang broadband, kaya patay na ang negosyong Internet shop dito.

Internet shops here cost from $1.00 to $1.50 per hour of use.
You can also go to libraries to rent for computers.

Question Posible po ba na magdala ng mga utilities or files pero nalagay sa 2.5 hdd w/ enclosure? or puwede ko na lagay sa laptop mismo? hindi ba nila check yung laman ng laptop?

Yes, recommended po na ilagay na lang sa USB, harddisk or memory card ang mga files ninyo at huwag na sa CD. Alam nnyo naman sa atin, mainit ang mata sa mga Pirated CDs.

You can also bring laptop, this is perfectly fine. hindi naman nila tsine -check ang mga documents mo dahi personal na gamit mo ito. Ang alam ko lang na super higpit dito ay kung bibyahe ka sa US, where tsine-check ang operating system ng laptop.

Although sa X-ray machine both sa pinas at sa airport, tatanungin ka kung may dala kang laptop (lalo pa at napansin na mukhang laptop nga ang laman ng bag).

Don't be afraid, natural po ito, kasi kailangan mong ihiwalay yung laptop mo from the rest of your items on your bag, dahil nahihirapan yung X-ray technician i-distuingish yung ibang items sa bag mo kung may nakapatong na laptop.

Question OTHER TIPS
A)Scan your passport and resume and email it to yourself. Para kahit nasan kayo, or in case na mawala (wag naman sana), you will still have a copy.
B)Bring your celphone and your simcard and know how to activate the roaming capability.

UPDATE
Question Pwede po ba akong magdsala ng de-lata, langgonisa, tocino?

- Mga processed meat lang po ang pwede, but as long as
1) Hindi lalampas sa 5 kilos ang overall processed meat. (combined na po)
2) Ibalot pong mabuti na hindi kakatas o aamoy kahit ibalibag pa.

Please refer to this website below for details on allowed products to bring.

http://www.ava.gov.sg/InformationForTravellers/BringFood/index.htm

Question Ano po ang mga HINDI ko dapat Dalhin?

a)Any bubblegum

b)Cigarettes are allowed but up to 2 packs (dalawang kaha) only . Ang yosi po ng Marlboro dito ay nasa $11.80 (360 pesos) to compare. If you brought more, did not declare it , and got caught, either you’ll pay for fines or face the deportation (depends kung gaano kadami ang nahuli syo)

c)Pirated CD (movie, music, etc). Generally I would recommend NOT to bring any CD, kahit na ano pa sya. If you would need to bring any files, just copy it to a harddisk, USB drive or any memory card.

d)Strict compliance of bringing any Liquid exceeding 100ml per bottle. Please take note of this, if you have any perfume (or anything in liquid state) with a content exceeding 100ml, you have to place it a special bag that you can get from the NAIA / Clark Airport. Kung ayaw nyo na maabala, just place this NOT on your hand carry bags but on your check-in luggages.

e)Itlog, Itlog-maalat, Balut (or Balot), basta lahat ng Itlog, bawal na bawal poi to.

f)Paputok, baril, labentador, lahat ng pumuputok.

FAQ NUMBER 2: IM HERE IN SINGAPORE, SO WHAT TO DO NOW??

Question Sa Budget Terminal Bumaba ang eroplano ko? What’s next?

Maliit lang ang budget terminal and you can find your way out. Sa labas, may free shuttle bus na pumupunta sa Terminal 2. This is where you will need to take the MRT train on your way to the city.

Question Sa Terminal 1 Bumaba ang eroplano ko? What’s next?

Find the sign that says “to Terminal 2 via Skytrain”.. sasakay po kayo ng maliit na tren (Skytrain) to go to Terminal 2 where you will need to take the MRT train on your way to the city.

NOTE: Either of the two, mayroon pong mga taxi na available but a costly price.
If you have no SG dollars yet, mayroon pong mga foREx sa Terminal 1, Kung malaki po ang dala nyong pera, magpapalit lang kayo ng maliit na value, kahit mga 100 SGD lang muna pambayad sa taxi or sa EZ-link card.

Question Ano po yung EZ-Link? nakakain ba ito?

Ang EZ-link po ay isang electronic prepaid card at pwedeng mag-load ng additional value (called "top-up").

Ito po ay pwedeng gamitin sa pagsakay sa MRT, sa BUS at pwede ding pambayad sa inyong meal sa McDo (yes, im not kidding)

Nabibili po ito sa mga MRT station for $15 value.

For more information, eto po yung link: http://www.ezlink.com.sg/

Question Magkano pala usual nyo na pamsahe araw araw?Saan ba mas makakatipid all the way bus or bus-mrt?

Ang pamasahe sa bus ay 0.90 cents (no EZ link card) at 60 cents pag may EZ link card for the first 4 or 5 bus stops.

Ang pamasahe sa MRT ay ranging from 90 cents to 2.00 dollars

Of course, mas matipid sa BUS, but as you know, matagal magbyahe sa bus at for newcomers, medyo nakakalito pa ang pagsakay sakay ng bus dito.

I suggest just to use the MRT at kaunti lang naman ang diprensya ng pamasahe.As you gain experience, masasanay rin kayo sa bus.

Please check these LINKS for more information about BUS and MRT guides:

BUS GUIDE (Fares and BUS)[url]_buses.html[/url]

MRT GUIDE (Fares and MAP)[url]_trains.html[/url]

UPDATE
Question Umaandar ba ang "celphone ko dyan? Nokia model xxx ang celfone ko
Yes, aandar ang iyong "celphone" dito, (or called handphone dito sa S'pore)
kahit na Nokia 5110 pa ang iyong hawak.

Question Saan ako mag sstay sa Singapore? Anything you can recommend?

This is also one of the hardest to find if you don’t have any relatives here . Kahit nga po may relatives, may sari sarili po kasi silang room sa isang bahay at may mga housemates na iba. Minsan, nakakahiya na magpatira ng kaibigan o kamag anak sa bahay dahil may ibang tao at sumisikip ang bahay (nakikigamit ng CR, TV, Computer, etc).

Before you go here in Singapore, please make sure na may tutuluyan po kayong bahay and make sure na yung friend or relative nyo ay pumapayag sa inyo at sa mga kasambahay nila.

For those who were unfortunate to have a relative or friend. You can either look for posted ads sa classified section ng pinoysg where mga ibang pinoys ay pinaparent ang kanilang vacant room or shared room.

Hotels are horrendously expensive, unless ipinanganak po kayo na may gintong kutsara, but you can try those backpackers hostels which cost you from $16 - $25 per night. These are some of the websites I know, but I have not personally tried them. May mga narinig akong nagpunta dito at dyaan nagstay pero ok naman daw.

Question May mga carinderia ba dyan? magkano ang per meal?
Ang mga carinderia dito ay tinatawag na "hawker". you can find them at almost every corner.

Ordinary meal cost anywhere from $1.50 to $4.50 depende sa location ng hawker. Drinks cost from $1.20 to $1.60 per can.

Question Ano po ang mga common terms na dapat kong malaman

Ito po ang mga common terms na dapat nyo gamitin or karaniwan nyong madidinig dito..

1) "Handphone" (abbreviated HP) - imbes na "Celfone" ang tawag.
2) "Top-up" - ang tawag kapag maglo load ka ng prepaid card
3) "Auntie" or "Uncle" ang tawag sa mga matatanda.
4) "Can" or "Cannot" ang karaniwang expression pag "pwede" or "hindi pwede"

5) "Hawker" o "Kopitiam" ang mga tawag sa kainan o carinderia dito.

Question Anong Lugar po maganda bumili ng mga electronic items
Sim Lim near Bugis MRT station (although don't buy on those lower floors) or better yet, Funan Square near CitiHall MRT station.

Whatever you do, DO NOT ever ever buy any Electronic item sa LUCKY PLAZA.. you have been warned!!

Question Ano po ba itong LuckyPlaza? bakit sikat ito sa mga pinoy?
Ang LuckyPlaza (called LP or littlePhilippines) ay isang building malapit sa Orchard mrt station, tapat ng Wisma Atrium/Takashimaya.

Dito po ang puntahan ng mga pinoy dahil maraming pinoy shops dito, from carinderia, top up cards, patis, suka, remittance service, OWWA, SSS, etc. any pinoy service/product you can think of.

Napakatao po nito kapag linggo dahil marami sa ating mga kababayan ang tumatambay dito.

Ito po muna, I'll add more pag may naisip pa ako.. please feel free to post other questions which you think would be appropriate to be included here.

i just have one clarification Sir Dragonfly... et. al... regarding sa EPEC... the one on the site has to be filled up right? then MOM will respond if it's approved and rejected... kung APPROVED, that's the time they would ask you to send all documents required, right? am i correct?

thanks thanks!
Very Happy God bless!
LOVIEDUDS
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: application for work at singpost Reply with quote

San p pwede mag apply s singpost tanong lng po, me posted job opening pero online di po ba pwede yng direct apply to singapore post hr. ty po s mag reply
byatch
PSG Citizen
PSG Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: application for work at singpost Reply with quote

LOVIEDUDS wrote:
San p pwede mag apply s singpost tanong lng po, me posted job opening pero online di po ba pwede yng direct apply to singapore post hr. ty po s mag reply

unless may nakalagay that you can WALK-IN puede ka pumunta. IF NONE, don't bother... THEY WILL NOT ENTERTAIN YOUR APPLICATION.
Mickee
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Well Wsihing ^_^ Reply with quote

Thanks to all the 'helpers' :-p
Good luck to all job-seekers. ^_^
horhe0108
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Good Day to All Reply with quote

Hello sa lahat..

I just need everybody's advice, so anyone that can help is highly appreciated!

Me and my GF would like to SG to find a job, my friend whose a PR in SG can give us AIL so we can find our luck which they say.. valid for about 30 days.

tagalog na nga lang at baka mabasa ng kung sino --> TH!

Ang problema kasi underdrad ako pero may 5ys naman kami na experience sa call center at un lang ang naging trabaho namin dito sa pinas, grad naman si GF btw. nabasa ko kasi na mahirap ngayon maghanap ng work at matanggap ang mga foreigners like us AND I'm an undergrad, I don't know if being an undergrad is a big issue there (most probably yes) that's why nagdadalawang isip ako ituloy plano namin this SEPT at kung risky nga ba talaga para sa situation ko.

pero if ya'll can motivate me to go there and seek for a job then PLEEEEASE tell me what's the best thing to do. D naman ako choosy sa trabaho, yoko nalang talaga mag call center at nakakainis na kumausap ng mga kano pero if I have no choice but to work in a call center there again, then it's fine. wala akong NO CHOICE!!! hehehe

SISIKAPIN KO.. huhuhu Very Happy
Silver Story
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW!!! Very helpful talaga ang mga informations na nakapost dito! Ang dami kong natutunan.!!

Thanks for this wonderful site Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Report this post to moderator
alizza
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: EPEC procedure... Reply with quote

i just have one clarification Sir Dragonfly... et. al... regarding sa EPEC... the one on the site has to be filled up right? then MOM will respond if it's approved and rejected... kung APPROVED, that's the time they would ask you to send all documents required, right? am i correct?

thanks thanks![/b] Very Happy God bless![/quote]

hello everyone, nag-try rin ako mag-apply ng EPEC but unfortunately, rejected sya...i've read some of posts here (somewhere out there Smile, nag-reply sila don sa response ng MOM so ginawa, i've tried rin to ask them what are their qualifications...hehehehe...BS Chem eng grad kc ako with 10 yrs of working experience sa Laboratory, Process and Safety...actually kanina lang ako nag-reply...i will just wait kung mag-rereply man sila...hopefully, ma-reconsider...

i'm planning to go to SG this September...sana lang may job opportunities para sa ating lahat na job hunters seeking for "greener pasture" Very Happy
byatch
PSG Citizen
PSG Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: EPEC procedure... Reply with quote

alizza wrote:
hello everyone, nag-try rin ako mag-apply ng EPEC but unfortunately, rejected sya...i've read some of posts here (somewhere out there Smile, nag-reply sila don sa response ng MOM so ginawa, i've tried rin to ask them what are their qualifications...hehehehe...BS Chem eng grad kc ako with 10 yrs of working experience sa Laboratory, Process and Safety...actually kanina lang ako nag-reply...i will just wait kung mag-rereply man sila...hopefully, ma-reconsider...

i'm planning to go to SG this September...sana lang may job opportunities para sa ating lahat na job hunters seeking for "greener pasture" Very Happy

malawak ang work experience mo alizza, try mo apply online while nasa pinas ka na, tas indicate mo sa application letter mo when ka pupunta ng Singapore.

Last edited by byatch on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
alizza
PSG Social Visitor
PSG Social Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ms. byatch...actually after office, tambay na agad ako d2 sa PSG as per my friend's advise (who's in SG)... nag-send na rin ako ng resume online kasi nga i'm hoping na pagpunta ko jan sa SG eh may sked interview na sana ako.

hayyyyy....malapit na ang sept and may plane ticket na rin ako so mas malamang tuloy na tuloy na pagpunta ko ng SG... i'm hoping and praying for the best.
byatch
PSG Citizen
PSG Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alizza wrote:
thanks ms. byatch...actually after office, tambay na agad ako d2 sa PSG as per my friend's advise (who's in SG)... nag-send na rin ako ng resume online kasi nga i'm hoping na pagpunta ko jan sa SG eh may sked interview na sana ako.

hayyyyy....malapit na ang sept and may plane ticket na rin ako so mas malamang tuloy na tuloy na pagpunta ko ng SG... i'm hoping and praying for the best.

alizza anong position and companies ba target mo?

baka kasi meron dito na nangangailangan di ba?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.pinoysg.com Forum Index -> Finding a Job in Singapore / Employment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 262, 263, 264  Next
Page 169 of 264

Jump to: